Since we were in the middle of playing Halo when the other PJ died we picked up where we left off:
It was dusk outdoors and you can see light from the windows in the top of the pic.
Our first impressions of the hardware:
- it's not a small projector but fits on the small table we were using before.
- very effective "squirrel cage" type fan makes some noise but keeps temps very reasonable: 100F on the case and 130F exhaust. I do not worry about overheating.
- no zoom, which we knew ahead of time. Have to move it forward/back
- remote and buttons on pj are generic but useful. 2x/aaa required for remote. It's strong enough to bounce off the projection wall rather than point at the pj.
- it was rather harsh and washed out.
- There are several different profiles: standard, movie, vivid, and user. Movie was considerably better and less intense so we started messing around with the user-definable setting. We ended up with:
At this setting I'd say the RCA/Svideo quality is about 90% that of the old PJ. The SVGA input is really good, and is at least as good as the old PJ.
Ran it for a few hours the first night: netflix DVD, netflix stream via wii, halo on xbox.